To say I love banana is an understatement! Growing up, waking up to mom baking a fresh loaf of banana bread, zuchinni bread, lemon loaf etc. was somewhat euphoric and is still one of my favourite memories to date! There has always been something so comforting about being in a house filled with the sweet smells of baking and with fall upon us, the timing is perfect to jump right back into it!
When the hubby and I made some dietary changes, we limited our intake of wheat so I had to start getting creative in the kitchen when it came to baking. For me, I did not want grain free or gluten free baking to sacrifice taste or have a loaf that had a concrete texture, so I started playing around with a few different recipes until I found my perfect blend of ingredients!
This recipe features high quality, yet simple ingredients that are good for you and the result is a super yummy, dare I say moist (sorry, I know that word creeps a lot of people out! lol) banana bread 🙂 So what are you waiting for, let’s dig in!
3 ripe bananas, broken into pieces
6 Medjool dates, pitted
6 organic eggs
2 tbsp raw brown sugar
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup coconut flour
1 tbsp white chia seeds
¼ cup organic grass fed butter, melted
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Placed banana pieces in a food processor with the dates and mix on high until thoroughly blended.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add the eggs to the mixture one at a time until fully combines.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and combine thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a 8.5” loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes. Test loaf with a toothpick before removing the loaf to ensure it is baked (the toothpick should come out clean).
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on a cooling rack before removing from the loaf pan.