1 – 2 lbs of organic chicken thighs
1 ½ cups organic cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 cup hot chicken stock
8 large garlic cloves, sliced
¼ cup diced organic shallots
2 Tbsp organic, grass fed butter
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Celtic grey salt
½ cup organic green peas
¼ cup organic curly parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a cast iron pot, add 1 Tbsp of the grass fed butter along with the garlic and shallots. Sauté on high for 1 min.
- Add the chicken thighs to the pot and sear for 2 minutes on both sides. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the other Tbsp of butter to the pot. Add mushrooms and half of the parsley to the pan and sauté for 1 min.
- Add the hot chicken stock to the mushrooms and simmer for an additional 2 minutes ensuring that you use your spatula to lift all the bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Return the seared chicken to the pot and distribute the liquid evenly around the thighs. Turn off heat and place the pot with lid in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Once cooked, remove the pot from the oven and distribute evenly in the pot. Put the pot back in the oven for 5 mins.
- Remove the pot from the oven and take half of the sauce that has accumulated with the garlic, mushrooms and peas. Add to blender and pulse until desired “sauce” consistency.
- Arrange the chicken thighs on a serving tray and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Put extra sauce in a bowl for guests who enjoy a little bit extra.
- Garnish with remaining parsley and dig in!